Iowa City – The Iowa City Community Theatre (ICCT) is planning their 61st season. If you are interested in directing but have not been involved with ICCT, or if you just want more information before you formally interview, they are holding a Director’s open house at the theater on Monday November 9, 2015 between 6p and 7pm. They will provide you with a tour of the theater and you will meet the director of their next show, and ICCT president, Kehry Lane. He will be available to answer questions you might have about directing at ICCT. You do not have to attend the open house to interview for a directing slot.
If you are interested in directing a show at Iowa City Community Theatre, they are having director interviews at Iowa City Public Library, meeting room C, on two dates:
• Sunday November 15, 2015, 1p-4p
• Monday November 23, 2015, 6p-9p
To sign up to interview with the Iowa City Community play/musical director selection committee go here.
ICCT is looking to produce plays or musicals falling within the following categories:
• Blockbuster – This is a show that is a sure thing, big, bold and will sell out! Think of shows like Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, My Fair Lady, Annie, Brigadoon, Anything Goes, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, or anything by Neil Simon!
• Risky/Edgy – Shows like RENT, Rabbit Hole, How I Learned to Drive, Cloud Nine, and plays by Christopher Durang or Caryl Churchill
• Family – Examples include The Sound of Music, Cheaper by the Dozen, Meet me in St. Louis, I Remember Mama, The Miracle Worker
• Adult/Grown up – Anything by Tom Stoppard, David Mamet, and Wendy Wasserstein. Shows like Pippin, The Producers, La Cage aux Folles, Glengarry Glen Ross
• Traditional – Classic shows that have been around forever, maybe holiday themed or shows like Arsenic and Old Lace, The Glass Menagerie, Shakespeare, Antigone, The Night of the Iguana, Member of the Wedding, No, No, Nanette, or The Boyfriend
• Newer/Modern – Newer productions like The Bridges of Madison County, The Last Five Years, 4000 Miles, or Doubt
(Special Note – The shows listed are merely suggestions and by no means to be considered a short list! You can pitch any show you feel passionate about!)
For specific questions, please contact the ICCT play/musical selection committee at: email@example.com